Attorney Michael D’Amico
Mike A. D’Amico
A founding partner of our firm, Mike D’Amico has been a dedicated trial lawyer in personal injury and medical malpractice in Connecticut for over 30 years. He is dual board-certified in civil trial advocacy and civil pretrial practice by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, and has served on the Board of Examiners for the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
Mike is a longtime leader in the legal community. He is a Past President of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association and currently serves on its Board of Governors and on its Executive, Medical Malpractice and Legislative Committees as well as being Co-Chair of the General Tort Committee. Mike is a former member of the National Advisory Board of the Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America. He is also a member of the American Association for Justice (AAJ).
Mike has been a Court Appointed Arbitrator/Fact-Finder in Civil Litigation, as well as a Special Settlement Master for Personal Injury claims in the State of Connecticut Superior Court. He has authored numerous articles in the fields of personal injury, medical negligence, and trial advocacy and has lectured frequently on these topics. Mike frequently serves as trial counsel for clients referred by other local and out-of-state law firms.
Mike’s career has included numerous substantial recoveries for our firm’s clients. Most recently, in November 2019, Mike and his son Jeremy D’Amico won a $23 million verdict for a young man with autism who sustained serious brain injuries in a bus crash.
Awards & Honors
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent Rating
- Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- Best Lawyers® Lawyer of the Year in Plaintiff’s Medical Malpractice Law for the New Haven metropolitan area, 2016 and 2018.
- Best Lawyers® Lawyer of the Year in Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Law for the New Haven metropolitan area, 2015, 2019 and 2021.
- Named to the Connecticut Law Tribune’s Personal Injury Hall of Fame.
- Elite Lawyers of America, Gold Member
- New England Super Lawyers list of Top 100 attorneys in the practice of plaintiff’s personal injury, 2013 and 2016-present
- Super Lawyers by Law & Politics magazine, Top 10 Lawyers in Connecticut, Plaintiff’s Personal Injury, 2016-present
- Super Lawyers by Law & Politics magazine, Top 50 Lawyers in Connecticut, Plaintiff’s Personal Injury, 2011, 2013 and 2015-present
- Super Lawyers by Law & Politics magazine, New England Super Lawyer in Plaintiff’s Personal Injury, since 2007
- Super Lawyers by Law & Politics magazine, Connecticut Super Lawyer, since 2006
- The Best Lawyers in America, Fields of Plaintiff’s Medical Malpractice Law, Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Litigation & Plaintiff’s Product Liability Litigation
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Life Member
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Bar, Member
- Connecticut Bar, Member
- Waterbury Bar, Member
- Litchfield Bar, Member
- American Association for Justice
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Past President
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Member, Board of Governors
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association – Executive, Medical Malpractice and Legislative Committees
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association – Co-Chair of the General Tort Committee
- State of Connecticut Superior Court, Arbitrator/Fact-Finder, Civil Litigation
- State of Connecticut Superior Court, Special Settlement Master, Personal Injury Claims
- National Board of Trial Advocacy
- University of Bridgeport School of Law, Bridgeport, Connecticut
BAR ADMISSIONS &
- Connecticut, 1986
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1987
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, 1989
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1990
- Dual Board Certified in Civil Trial Advocacy and Civil Pretrial Practice, National Board of Trial Advocacy