Attorney Thomas Pettinicchi
Thomas P. Pettinicchi
One of the founding partners of the firm, Tom currently concentrates his practice in the area of personal injury. After litigating in matrimonial law and personal injury matters for more than 25 years, Tom decided to transition exclusively into personal injury. He represents clients in all types of personal injury, as well as nursing home negligence and medical malpractice matters.
He is a member of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association and the American Association for Justice. He is also a member of the American Bar Association and the Connecticut Bar Association, along with the Waterbury Bar and Litchfield County Bar Association
Tom decided to become an attorney while attending Holy Cross High School in Waterbury, CT. He wanted a career that involved helping people and chose being a legal advocate at a young age, never waivering from this decision. Even today, he takes great pride and satisfaction in advocating for those that are injured and helping them through the difficult process of putting their lives back together.
He has lectured on various law topics, written articles for legal publications and was an adjunct professor for Teikyo Post University teaching law to night students.
Tom believes strongly in giving back to the community. He has been on various committees for charitable organizations including Children’s Community School and the former Waterbury Child
Guidance Agency, now Wellpath. He was also a volunteer board of director for the Visiting Nurses of America. In addition, he was president of the Watertown Golf Club for two years and served on their board of governors for 8 years. Tom currently serves on the Parish Council for his church in Watertown.
Awards & Honors
- Super Lawyers by Law & Politics magazine, Connecticut Super Lawyer, 2019 & 2020
- American Registry’s America’s Most Honored Professionals
- The National Trial Lawyers Association, Top 100 Lawyers
- The Best Lawyers in America – Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs 2019 & 2020
- America’s Top 100 Attorneys, Lifetime Achievement
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Association for Justice, Member
- American Bar, Member
- Waterbury Bar, Member
- Litchfield Bar, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association General Tort Committee
- Providence College, Providence, RI
- Western New England College School of Law, Springfield, Massachusetts
BAR ADMISSIONS &
- All Courts of the State of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Connecticut